About the Danube Bike Trail
The bicycle and hiking trail on the Danube follows an old Roman road along the Roman Danube limes and at that time connected various fortresses, stations and castles. In Roman times this path was also known as "Via Istrum". The "General German Bicycle Club" (ADFC) ranked the Danube bicycle path among the top 10 of the most popular cycling routes in Germany in its "Travelbike-Analysis 2018". Within Germany, the route is rated with 4 stars according to the ADFC quality standards and should be considered somewhere between easy and medium in terms of driving difficulty.
Further interesting information about this route can be found on the website of the Bavarian government (only in German language), at https://www.radroutenplaner-bayern.de/routen/donauradweg/.
We are a "bed & bike hotel" and therefore specialised for cyclists:
- Bed & bike benefits
- Overnight stay is also for only one night possible
- A lockable garage to store your bike safe is included
- We offer drying possibilities for wet clothes
- You find a rich breakfast buffet
- A bicycle workshop is about 5 minutes away
- We have a repair kit for minor repairs handy
- Regional cycling and hiking maps are available at the reception desk
- Train and bus timetables can be requested at the reception desk